About Child’s i Foundation
In Uganda, more than 50,000 children are growing up in orphanages. Nearly all these children have families. Child’s i Foundation helps children return to families by rebuilding family support systems. They work with partners to develop family solutions to replace orphanages, including foster care. They support families to prevent separation and reunite children with families or find new adoptive or foster families. Child’s i Foundation help repurpose orphanages into services to support children in families and strengthen communities. They work with the Government to build the capacity of a national social workforce across Uganda, and inspire a nation reimagine the care of its most vulnerable citizens.
Purpose of the Role
Child’s i Foundation is seeking to hire a talented, dedicated and passionate individual to fill the Country Director position to help them achieve their vision of every child growing up in a loving family in Uganda. The Country Director will be responsible for leading a team of 80 professionals across Uganda to undertake pioneering programmes to provide the know-how and evidence-base to influence policy and child protection and care system reform to prioritise children in families, not orphanages.
About the Role
- Provide overall leadership to the team in Uganda to implement the country programme.
- Align team to strategic objectives by setting and managing annual work plans and budgets.
- Ensure the highest level of project quality and accountability. Ensure all CiF’s policies are implemented and regularly reviewed.
- Monitor and control expenditure and propose revised forecast and budgets as necessary.
- Ensure the CiF program has agreements in place with Government to achieve its goals.
- Ensure adequate monitoring, evaluation and reporting systems are in place to facilitate learning, accountability and quality assurance.
- Produce timely and accurate reports documenting the progress and addressing challenges and how CiF overcame them.
- Provide strategic guidance and professional advice for senior management and management teams.
- Work closely with the Director of Human resources to oversee performance management and ongoing capacity building and development for the entire organisation.
- Ensure programme in Uganda is delivered and aligned with the strategic framework.
- Harness and exploit opportunities to further CiF’s mission.
- Ensure the preparation, accuracy and timely submission of reports complying with grant agreements.
- Work with the CEO and fundraising team in the UK and Uganda to develop creative fundraising activities to strengthen programme funding and deepen relationships with donors and supporters.
- Co-ordinate the development of quality funding proposals and respond to call for proposals.
- Facilitate donor visits, donor meetings, round table discussions and evaluations.
- Ensure that effective grant management systems are in place.
Advocacy and representation:
- Represent CiF on technical working groups, conferences, workshops & committees to promote CiF at the Government and sector level.
- Ensure CiF has the right people in Government supporting and championing their work.
- Build strong professional relationships with key stakeholders championing de-institutionalisation and system reform.
- Build CiF brand recognition through strategic partnerships, media exposure, and thought leadership.
- Establish a national alliance and regional strategic relations with partners working in alternative care and de-institutionalisation.
- Maintain a strong presence on social media and champion CiF values.
Job Specification Requirements
- At least 5 years’ experience in a senior management post in international development in the child protection sector in Africa.
- Experience of project management and implementation of complex programmes and projects, at scale.
- Knowledge and experience managing compliance to diverse donors (USAID, DFID, EU etc.).
- Proven experience in proposal development and a track record in raising funds.
- Experience in multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment, working independently as well as thriving in a team.
- Proven experience as representative of a leading organisation with a reputable national programme.
- Demonstrable network of contacts and recognised in the child protection sector.
- Experience of collaborative work with other agencies and government.
- Excellent written and oral presentation work.
- Strong people and financial management skills.
- Experience of the supervision and staff capacity development.
- Experience in donor relations.
- Passionate about child protection and care reform.
- Ability to think strategically and have attention to detail.
- Be creative, inspiring and innovative.
- Ability to manage difficult situations and to use available resources to problem solve.
- Confident and assertive.
- Good verbal and written communication.
- Adaptable and able to effectively manage change.
- Manage pressure well whilst looking after themselves and others.
- Reflective but action oriented.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, kindly send through a Microsoft Word version of your CV and a cover letter detailing why you are suited to this role. Please mark it for the attention of Melissa Nicholson, email address: email@example.com. Please subject your email with the following reference: CiF-CD-UGANDA. Please note that the interview dates for this role will be confirmed with you should your application be successful.