Purpose builds and supports movements to advance the fight for an open, just, and habitable world. They use public mobilisation and storytelling to help leading organisations, activists, businesses, and philanthropies engaged in this fight, and they create campaigning labs and new initiatives that can shift policies and change public narratives when it matters most.
To do this, Purpose brings together world-class talent from the world of creatives, content development, storytelling, campaigning, grassroots organising, and political strategy to build new creative campaigning models.
Guided by smart political strategy and powered by new technologies for participation, their work reframes issues, engages new audience, shifts public discourse, and ultimately drives targeted action that shifts decision-makers and creates lasting impact
About the Role
Purpose is looking for a Head of Office for its London operation. They are seeking an individual with a commitment to their mission to fight for a just, open, and habitable world. In this role, you will join their internationally diverse team and lead their project work, business development, and operational functions in London. The Head of Office will work closely with Purpose’s Global Executive team as well as other key functional teams (Partnerships; Strategy; Campaigns; Creative; Technology & Data; People, Culture & Operations) to drive forward on their organisational strategy.
Serving as the principal representative with senior clients, partners, and stakeholders, you will lead multidisciplinary teams and oversee large complex projects, ensuring that the process and deliverables meet clients’ high expectations. As an acknowledged leader in your field of expertise, you will serve as a trusted advisor on social impact to their clients in the philanthropic, non-profit, multilateral, and corporate sectors.
Purpose are seeking someone with a proven track record in leading social impact initiatives either in-house at a foundation, non-profit, or business; a demonstrated track record in designing and executing public engagement strategies, with a particular focus on digital and technology; a proven ability to generate funding and revenue; and significant experience of managing and leading teams. The role is based in Purpose’s London office and reports to the Managing Director.
The Head of Office will be joining Purpose’s London leadership team, overseeing project, business development, and operational functions, as well as taking an active role in running Purpose’s London office. Specifically, the role entails:
- Acting as the principal across London-based projects, responsible for high-level client, partner, and stakeholder management.
- Building and leading project teams of strategists, campaigners, creatives, and technologists.
- Setting and maintaining the highest standards for deliverables, both internal and external.
- Proactively seeking out new clients and partners from the philanthropic, NGO, multilateral, business, and government sectors.
- Leading the partnerships and business development function of the London office.
- Utilising prior experience to shape Purpose’s direction and offering with other directors and their executive team.
- Playing a lead role in the overall London operation leading the team and engaging with the different departments to ensure the smooth running of the office.
- Participating in strategic decision-making on key questions such as the development of their business model and technology/service offering, their growth strategy, their partnerships and the growth of the organisation.
- Collaborating regularly with the Partnerships, Technology and Creative teams across Purpose’s international network.
- Serving as a leader, both internally and externally, in a specific area / issue of expertise.
- Researching and staying abreast of best practices in online engagement, corporate social responsibility and social innovation.
- Significant experience working in social impact on progressive issues either in a communications agency, non-profit organisation, or philanthropy.
- Demonstrated track record in developing, executing, and leading social impact campaigns.
- Strong entrepreneurial sensibility – you’ve had success in building campaigns or organisations that employ new, innovative models to drive social impact.
- Digital fluency, especially with regard to social media tools and their role in public mobilization.
- Experienced and adept manager of distributed, multidisciplinary teams.
- Sophisticated interpersonal and mature client/funder management skills.
- Experience as a professional development manager to 4 or more people simultaneously.
- Highly networked in the campaigns / social impact / philanthropic sectors.
- Able to combine high-level strategy and analytical thinking with tactical creativity and flair.
- Experience in a start-up, growth business, or dynamic non-profit operating environment.
- Confident and sophisticated communicator, presenter, and writer.
- Share Purpose’s progressive, internationalist worldview.
- A global sensibility, global issue and policy expertise, and/or global work experience.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, kindly send through a Microsoft Word version of your CV and a cover letter detailing why you are suited to this role. Please mark it for the attention of Sheerin Dariani, email address: email@example.com. Please subject your email with the following reference: PUR-HoO.
Please note that the interview dates for this role will be confirmed with you should your application be successful.
Purpose takes on some of the biggest challenges in the world, which affect people of different identities and backgrounds in different ways. They believe they are stronger and most effective with a diverse team leading the charge. People of color, women, LGBTQ individuals and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.